Sintering Furnaces for Powder Metal
Abbott sintering furnaces for powder metal provide unprecedented value to applications that require sintering furnace technology for powdered metal. Quality, efficiency and dependability are just a few of the foremost attributes that have enabled Abbott Furnace to become the premier supplier of sintering furnaces.
We design each sintering furnace around your product’s particular time, temperature and atmosphere requirements, rather than offering standard sintering furnace models and expecting you to modify your process to fit them.
Sintering Furnace Features:
Alloy or Ceramic Muffle
- Muffle to help direct, control and reduce atmosphere flow.
- Incorporates a silicon carbide muffle.
- This ceramic muffle is guaranteed for 5 years, if used under recommended operating procedures.
Gas or Electric Heating
- We offer both types of furnace heating, depending on your needs.
- Our gas heating systems incorporate Abbott’s “pulse-fire” technology.
Rapid Cooling System (VariCool)
- Optional VariCool advanced cooling system combines both atmosphere cooling and conventional water-jacketed cooling technology into one convenient unit.
- Unit can be added when the need for sinter hardening is present in a process.
- An optional moisturizing system can be used to alter sintering furnace dew points to ensure proper sintering conditions.
Quality Delube Processor (Q.D.P.)
- Custom designed reaction/combustion chambers and a regulated atmosphere control, combined with our under-hearth heating system, assures that the delube process is completed efficiently and effectively.
High Temperature Ceramic Belt Furnace
- High Temperature Ceramic Belt Furnace technology, propelled conventional continuous belt sintering from the 2100ºF range up to a temperature of 2350ºF.
- Use of strong, ceramic link belt enables superior load bearing capacity, high throughputs and better net-to-gross heating ratio.
Monitoring & Control
- We offer computerized monitoring and control systems that may supervise several different functions including: sintering furnace temperature, atmosphere flow, dew point, oxygen content, carbon control, belt speed, etc.
- Abbott utilizes a variety of systems to perform these functions.